Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Getting different simulation results based on user input

Getting different simulation results based on user input

Hello
I am looking for an answer of following question:

I want to develop a simple simulation program working with user input as some required parameters. I mean i want to make a test.exe that generates simulation results based on user input. How I can do this? I stated that I just looking for a simple program with one or two parameters. Parameters can be typed by user or retrieved from a text file.

I will be very thankful for any help to show me how OpenModelica deals with parameters

Re: Getting different simulation results based on user input

Hi,

When you compile a Modelica model in OpenModelica you get a set of files including the $Modelname$_init.txt file that contains the defined parameters in your model.
Every time the $Modelname$.exe file is executed the init-file is read.
You can change the parameter values before a new simualtion.

Best Regards
Mohsen

Thank you mohsen for you great answer. I have another question please:

How the OpenModelica generates the $Modelname$_init.txt file and retrieve the parameters from it?
Does it have a standard mechanism for sequencing the values?
Are the values sequence is based on their definition or calling sequence in the simulation code? 

Thank you very much.

The sequence is random. You need to parse the file to realize what line to update.

@sjoelund.se: thank you very much

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: