Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Error on MAC starting OMNotebook

Error on MAC starting OMNotebook

I downloaded the latest version of Openmodelica for the MAC (V1.6) using Macports. Compilation and installation appeared to occur without error. However when I attempt to run OMNotebook I get the following in the terminal window:

/opt/local/var/macports/software/openmodelica-devel/7626_0+qt/opt/local/bin/OMNotebook ; exit;
ceag16-mbp13:~ bobbetz$ /opt/local/var/macports/software/openmodelica-devel/7626_0+qt/opt/local/bin/OMNotebook ; exit;
SOCKET: Server
trying to read the corba IOR file /tmp/openmodelica.bobbetz.objid
trying to read the corba IOR file /tmp/openmodelica.bobbetz.objid

and then a separate window pops up with the following message:

In main(), exception:
OmcInteractiveEnvironment(): No connection to Omc established

I am assuming that there is some environment variable that is not set up or something like that.  Incidentally OMShell, OMShell-terminal and OMEdit appear to work.

I probably have not set something up correctly,  Any help with this issue very much appreciated.

Re: Error on MAC starting OMNotebook

This problem was fixed yesterday, but OMNotebook will not work correctly anyway due to problems with more recent Qt versions (one of the custom widget containers causes an infinite number of events to trigger if the Notebook is larger than a few cells, so OMNotebook is unusable on Mac).

Re: Error on MAC starting OMNotebook

Thanks for the reply.  At least I know it is not me now.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: