Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Minimal omc.exe installation

Minimal omc.exe installation

Hi,

I am using omc.exe to run an mos to load mo files and call buildModel and then later running the executable with overrides.  I am hoping to pull out omc.exe and it's minimal dependencies so that I can package them in another module.  I don't need OMPlot, OMEdit, etc.  I would prefer not to build from source if it's unnecessary. 

So the questions:
What are the omc.exe's minimal dependencies?  Is there any documentation about this?  Is there a better way to go about this?

Thanks,
Joe

Re: Minimal omc.exe installation

https://build.openmodelica.org/apt/dist … 4/Packages

Code:

Depends: clang, build-essential, gnuplot, xsltproc, libexpat1-dev, libsundials-serial-dev, liblapack-dev, zip, unzip, libdbus-1-dev, omc-common, libomc, libomcsimulation (>= 1.9.4~dev-122-g1ec2d56), libblas3 | libblas.so.3, libc6 (>= 2.2.5), libcolamd2.8.0, libexpat1 (>= 2.0.1), libhwloc5 (>= 1.10.0), liblapack3 | liblapack.so.3, libomniorb4-1 (>= 4.1.6), libomnithread3c2 (>= 4.0.6), libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1)

Recommends: python-beautifulsoup, omplot, libsaxonb-java

for Windows, add OMDev dependencies (roughly corresponds to clang)

For Windows, you cannot recompile without CORBA, etc. So the dependencies are pretty big. Although you can safely skip qt4-related libraries.

On Windows:
1. everything is needed from the OpenModelica installation, except /bin/OMEdit, OMShell, OMPlot, OMOptim, Qt*.dll
2. OPENMODELICAHOME and OPENMODELICALIBRARY environment variables have to be set

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

Thanks!  That is exactly what I was after.

Joe

Are there any other ways to limit the size of windows installation, perhaps using parameters to the installer or something like that?  Is there a way to exclude libraries that we don't need?

I apologize if this question is redundant based on previous answers. 

Thanks,
Joe

Not yet. The biggest size has the C compiler that we need to distribute. If we don't distribute that then the installer is pretty small.
The problem is that you need a C compiler to compile the code generated from a model for simulation.
Do  you have issues with space?

Ok, thank you. 

We are wanting to package this within the installer for our module and are just trying to make it as small as possible.  If this the best we can do, than that is fine.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: