Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Out of Memory

Out of Memory

I was able to get past the issue by increasing the step size (decreasing the number of steps), but I don't understand why I am hitting any kind of limit in the first place, or how I can get past the problem without having to change the step size.

Thanks.

Re: Out of Memory

Which output format are you using for the simulation? If it is plt, the entire result-file is stored in memory during simulation.

I'm using mat format

Could you provide a model that exhibits this behaviour?

Unfortunately, due to the proprietary nature of my work I can't share it directly, but I can tell you that I also got several warnings that it got to the maximum number of iterations without being able to calculate the roots (not sure if the two things are related).

What I was hoping is that someone could tell me what "out of memory" means, since the memory usage shown on the Windows task manager stayed around 5GB, and I have 16GB of RAM available on my computer.

Thanks

If you are using Windows, you should know there is a 3GB RAM limit for 32-bit processes. In order to run larger program, you need to use a 64-bit Linux version of OpenModelica.

Any plans for a 64-bit Windows version?

Yes, but if you want something that runs right now instead of (est.) half a year from now, I do recommend running the Linux version.

Windows 64bit is on the way hopefully available next week.
BTW, which version of OpenModelica are you using?

I'm using the latest official release - 1.9.2.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic