Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Generate C Code

Generate C Code

Hey

I have simulated a basic DC motor in Modelica with a PID controller. I want to generate a C code for it. How to do that?
Also, I only need the code for a specific part of the model( i.e. the PID controller). How should I proceed?

Thanks

Re: Generate C Code

https://openmodelica.org/doc/OpenModeli … buildmodel

Or translateModel, which does the same thing except does not run the makefile to compile the simulation executable. If you only want to generate code for the PID-controller, run the command on the PID-controller instead of the motor.

Thanks for the answer.

I just wanna know how can i access this file? Will it be saved in some directory?

Current working directory.

Hey

Somehow i cannot run OM SHell on my PC . Can this thing be done using OM EDit??

It can be done using mos-scripts and command-line omc. Or you could unblock OMShell from the firewall (which I assume is what is hindering you).

When I try to open OMShell, i get the following message
"The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way"

Can you help me regarding this?

Thanks

Also,
Let me know if there is any other method to get the C code from a modelica model? (maybe another software etc.)

Thanks

Well, just simulating in OMEdit will generate the C code (it is used to compile the executable). It should be in whatever temp directory OMEdit uses on Windows. You could also do an FMI Export to get the C-code in a different format.

Any other software will generate different C-code for a Modelica model. And they might generate different C-code depending on which solvers and optimization flags were set (OpenModelica does this as well).

Hey,
Thanks for all your help.
You mentioned that if I want to obtain the code for only the PID, I should run the simulation on the PID.

For my model, i simply put a DC motor, a PID block, a Voltage Source etc. for the inbuilt Modelica Library. I cannot simulate a standalone PID block because it requires input. Thus I have to simulate the whole model together. Can you help me how to get the C code for this part.

Modelica.Blocks.Continuous.PID does generate code. If you have top-level inputs in a model, you can generate code for it even if the input is not specified (assumed to be given by the user at run-time).

Can you please tell me how to give top level input??
(I'm really new at Modelica and I don't know much)

Code:

model M

input Real r; // top-level input
end M;

model N
  M m; // m.r is not a top-level input
end N;

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic