Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Dynamic color change

Dynamic color change

Hello all,

I have been working for some time with the multibody library and its animations and this works great. Thanks for all the time people have put in here. I can now simulate exoskeletons and have them moving, showing everyone what is going on.

Of course, with the animations working, I would make it even more clear. For this I would like to change values of the visualization objects dynamically. In the documentation it is written that this is possible, when 'appropriate expressions in the input fields' are given. I cannot get this to work, and hope I do something stupid so that it is easily corrected.

The minimal example below should give an arrow changing from red to green. However, the arrow is always red. In the results I do see that the values of the fa.color change as specified. I hope somebody can give a pointer to the correct solution?

Thanks in advance
Bas

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
model tst
  inner ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller m3d_control;
  inner Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.World world;
  Integer clr[3];
  Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Visualizers.FixedArrow fa(color = clr);
equation
  connect(world.frame_b, fa.frame_a);
  clr = if time < 0.5 then {250, 0, 0} else {0, 250, 0};
end tst;

Re: Dynamic color change

Hmm, I don't know if we have support for that. I need to check a bit in the Modelica3D library. I'll let you know as soon as possible.

Adrian, weren't there some thermal demo for Modelica3D that changed the colour based on some measurements? Or am I thinking of something else?

Yes. There were. I'm looking into this presentation:
http://www.modprod.liu.se/modprod2012/1 … lica3D.pdf
And it seems there is something like:

Code:

Modelica3D.SetMaterialColor(fluidMaterialVis3D[i].id, rVis3D, gVis3D, bVis3D, update3d.frame);

which means that you specifically need to signal a color change via a Modelica3D function call inside the when equation, you cannot just change the clr variable.

The trouble is I don't know yet how to adapt this to the model given above by Bas.

I'll play with it a bit and hopefully I'll find out how to do it current/smile

It seems that our Modelica3D doesn't have a Modelica3D.SetMaterialColor function but it does have some other functions.

Hi, I could change the color using this:

Code:

model tst
  inner ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller m3d_control;
  inner Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.World world;
  Integer clr[3];
  Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Visualizers.FixedArrow fa(color = clr);
equation
  connect(world.frame_b, fa.frame_a);
  clr = if time < 0.5 then {250, 0, 0} else {0, 250, 0};
  ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.setAmbientColor(m3d_control.conn, m3d_control.context, fa.arrowHead.mat, fa.arrowHead.color[1] / 255.0, fa.arrowHead.color[2] / 255.0, fa.arrowHead.color[3] / 255.0, 1.0, time);
  ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.setSpecularColor(m3d_control.conn, m3d_control.context, fa.arrowHead.mat, 0.00392156862745098 * fa.arrowHead.specularCoefficient * fa.arrowHead.color[1], fa.arrowHead.specularCoefficient * fa.arrowHead.color[2] / 255.0, fa.arrowHead.specularCoefficient * fa.arrowHead.color[3] / 255.0, 1.0, time);
  ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.applyMaterial(m3d_control.conn, m3d_control.context, fa.arrowHead.id, fa.arrowHead.mat);
end tst;

Hopefully you can do what you want with this.

Hello Adrian,

Thanks for your help (again). This does the trick. Now I can show when I lock a joint visually.

I was hoping for a solution that could be used to change all the properties of a visualization component (eg width, etc)  but I can try to discover this based on the signal arrow model..

Bas

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic