Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

OMedit Save As feature

OMedit Save As feature

OMedit has had since a long time ago in its file menu a "save as" feature. But it is greyed.
I understand that it is greyed because this feature is under development.
I understand that this development is complex because management of multi-file packages requires management of several files and folders in a complex way.

But in many cases people work on single-file packages.
Am I right that it should be possible to add it, in case of single file packages, with a small programming effort?
I mean, both saving a model with a different name or in a different position of one open single-file package, or saving a whole package in a different file under a different package name.
It would significantly enhance the OMEdit usability for those that are using single-file packages.

Thanks

Re: OMedit Save As feature

I will try to have the Save as feature available but as a workaround you can use the copy feature which is almost same.

Adeel.

oh, yes!
I did not notice this nice copy feature.
I agree that copy as almost the same as Save As. If it works well it can make my original post obsolete.

I tried copying a single model within a package and the feature worked as expected.

I tried to copy a whole package, leaving blank the path field, and a copy of the original package appeared in the libraries browser root. Strangely, however, it did not carry the "+" sign that allows to navigate through submodels. This even though looking at the code everything seemed to be there and in the right place.

I decided that maybe saving-unloading-reloading the newly created package (using copy and empty path) can solve this issue.
I did this, but the reloaded package was empty!
Can you have a look? I can supply a test example if you need.

But i dont'see

regards
MC

Add a ticket about it with test example so that I remember to fix it.

Adeel.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: