Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Configure Problem

Configure Problem

Hello,

I am trying to create a pre-built package of OpenModelica on Slackware Current. After getting the source from SVN if I try to configure I get this error message:

checking for antlr.Tool support... ANTLR Parser Generator   Version 2.7.7 (20060906)   1989-2005
yes
checking if the user wants to compile OMShell-terminal... yes
checking readline/readline.h usability... yes
checking readline/readline.h presence... yes
checking for readline/readline.h... yes
checking readline/history.h usability... yes
checking readline/history.h presence... yes
checking for readline/history.h... yes
checking for library containing readline... no
configure: error: readline missing

I am sure that readline is installed. Any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Anand

Re: Configure Problem

Are you sure that the readline headers are installed? Where are they located (readline/history.h in particular)? You can also configure with --disable-omshell-terminal to skip readline.

The Slackware system on which I am trying to build OpenModelica has readline-5.2. It has all header files located in /usr/include/readline.
It also has /usr/include/readline/history.h file.

As you can notice in the messages output by configure, it is even detecting /usr/include/readline/history.h file. But later it is reporting that readline is not found.

Anand

You will need to have libreadline.a or libreadline.so somewhere as well. If they are not available directly in /usr/lib, you may need to add LDFLAGS to search for it.

Hello,

I have

/usr/lib/libreadline.so.5.2
/usr/lib/libreadline.a
/usr/lib/libhistory.so.5.2
/usr/lib/libhistory.so.a

Anand

You need to have a file installed that is /usr/lib/libreadline.so, or create a symlink /usr/lib/libreadline.so to libreadline.so.5.2. Or read the configure.log to find out what error the linker gave when trying to link in libreadline.a

link /usr/lib/libreadline.so to /usr/lib/libreadline.so.5.2 is already present.

Anand

Upload the config.log somewhere, then. It contains all the yummy information.

Hello,

I have attached config.log file here.

Anand

Edited by: rsamurti - Oct-05-14 13:28:58

You have the following in the log:

Code:

configure:5097: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -fno-tree-ch -fno-tree-vrp -fno-tree-pre -fno-stack-protector   conftest.c -lreadline   >&5

/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/4.8.3/../../../libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tputs'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/4.8.3/../../../libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgoto'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/4.8.3/../../../libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetflag'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/4.8.3/../../../libreadline.so: undefined reference to `UP'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/4.8.3/../../../libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetent'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/4.8.3/../../../libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetnum'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/4.8.3/../../../libreadline.so: undefined reference to `PC'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/4.8.3/../../../libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetstr'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/4.8.3/../../../libreadline.so: undefined reference to `BC'

These files are part of libtinfo.so, which your libreadline needs to link in or the so-file is not complete. The following is on Ubuntu:

Code:

$ ldd /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libreadline.so 

linux-vdso.so.1 =>  (0x00007fff507fe000)
    libtinfo.so.5 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtinfo.so.5 (0x00007f28541dd000)
    libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007f2853e17000)
    /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f2854680000)

Hello,

Do you suggest recompiling readline with some modified switches as it is in Debian?

Anand

Yeah. I would just compile without OMShell-terminal. It's not even part of the Windows distribution. It is sort of useful if you want to ssh to a server with OpenModelica installed (no GUI).

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic