Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

omniORB break

omniORB break

I deleted the OpenModelica files in the tmp directory during use. When I then do om = OMCSession(), new files are made, but when I do om.execute(...) I get

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/OMPython/__init__.py", line 213, in execute
    result = self._omc.sendExpression(command)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/OMPythonIDL/omc_communication_idl.py", line 47, in sendExpression
    return _omnipy.invoke(self, "sendExpression", _0__OMCIDL.OmcCommunication._d_sendExpression, args)
omniORB.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: CORBA.COMM_FAILURE(omniORB.COMM_FAILURE_WaitingForReply, CORBA.COMPLETED_MAYBE)

How to fix the system?

Edited by: Miglu - Aug-18-14 09:18:13

Re: omniORB break

Exit python and run killall omc should clean up enough.

Alright, thanks. Another option is to run 'top -b -n1', find omc's PID, and run 'kill -9 <PID>'

The above methods allow to load models and files, but building still gives the same error, even after rebooting. What might the solution be?

It might be that your model triggers omc to crash. A segmentation fault or so.

Building of all models fail, but succeeded before. Any ideas for fixing?

Maybe a clue is given by the message I get when I quit python:

Exception omniORB.CORBA.TRANSIENT: CORBA.TRANSIENT(omniORB.TRANSIENT_ConnectFailed, CORBA.COMPLETED_NO) in <bound method OMCSession.__del__ of <OMPython.OMCSession object at 0x7f607a4c9a10>>

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic