Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Closer to the top level scope

Closer to the top level scope

I am trying to use a model which depends on the Buildings library. The model contains for example

Buildings.Airflow.Multizone.Orifice Orifice1(
            redeclare package Medium = Medium,
            A=0.01,
             m=0.5);

I put the file and a package.mo into a directory which is in OpenModelica's libraries directory, loaded the package, and tried to simulate. I got this error. What is the solution?

"Warning: Alias set with different nominal values\n * candidate: MediumColumn1.sta_a.p(nominal = 100000.0)\n * candidate: Orifice2.port_b.p(nominal = 101325.0)\n * candidate: MediumColumn1.port_a.p(nominal = 101325.0)\n=> select value from MediumColumn1.port_a.p(nominal = 101325.0)\n   because its component reference (or its binding component reference) is closer to the top level scope with depth: 3.\n   If we have equal component reference depth for several components choose the one with non zero binding."

Edited by: Miglu - Jul-25-14 10:33:18

Re: Closer to the top level scope

It's not an error; just a notification that two different nominal values were set for an alias (nominal values are not as important as start-values, but nominal values do affect some simulation results):

Code:

model M

Real a(start=0),b(start=1);
equation
  a = b;
  der(a) = 1.0;
end M;

(Here, omc picks b.start=1.0 in my version as it is ambiguous)

Re: Closer to the top level scope

Thanks.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: