Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Out of memory for plot file (protected variables always plotted)

Out of memory for plot file (protected variables always plotted)

Hi,
I am simulating a complex model and the plot file is very big (500M). Is there a way to reduce the number of variables in the plt file and then reduce its size to plot my variables. Note that I can't reduce the integration step (1e-4) du to convergeance problem.
As I know, protected variables in Dymola are not plotted. This is not the case for OpenModelica.

Another question: The runge-Kutta solver used by OpenModelica is  fixed step or  variable step?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Houssem

Re: Out of memory for plot file (protected variables always plotted)

rungekutta is a fixed-step solver (order 4; euler is rungekutta order 1).
There is no way of reducing the number of variables in the plt-file, but you can run scripts on the result file instead of plot-commands directly (not handling plotting directly in OpenModelica). If you do process the file after simulation, you can also change file format for example to .csv, which takes a bit less space and might be easier to convert (GNUPLOT can handle csv-files and is reasonably efficient).
You can also choose mat-file as output if you have Matlab (I don't have it installed at the moment so I can't verify if it works or not).

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: