Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Tuple Assignment

Tuple Assignment

What is this tuple assignment error?

function SVDRLS
  annotation(Diagram(coordinateSystem(extent={{-148.5,-105.0},{148.5,105.0}}, preserveAspectRatio=true, initialScale=0.1, grid={5,5})));
import Modelica.Math.Matrices;
  input Real A[3,2];
  output Real sigmasvd[3,2];
  output Real Usvd[3,3];
  output Real VTsvd[2,2];

algorithm
(sigmasvd,Usvd,VTsvd):=Matrices.singularValues(A);

end SVDRLS;

[<interactive>:10:1-10:50:writable] Error: Type mismatch in assignment in (sigmasvd,Usvd,VTsvd) := Modelica.Math.Matrices.singularValues({{A[1,1],A[1,2]},{A[2,1],A[2,2]},{A[3,1],A[3,2]}}) of (Real[3, 2], Real[3, 3], Real[2, 2]) := (Real[:], Real[:, :], Real[:, :])
[<interactive>:10:1-10:50:writable] Error: Tuple assignment only allowed when rhs is function call (in Modelica.Math.Matrices.singularValues({{A[1,1],A[1,2]},{A[2,1],A[2,2]},{A[3,1],A[3,2]}}))

Re: Tuple Assignment

This looks like a bug to me, the first output of singularValues has two dimensions but the compiler thinks it has one. The second error can be ignored, it's caused by the first one. Please open a ticket in our bug tracker about this. I get a similar but different error when I run the function through the latest version of the compiler, so please include information about what version of OM you're using and how you got this error.

the link to bug tracker is not working

Salman wrote:

the link to bug tracker is not working

Sorry, wrong syntax. The link has been fixed now.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic