Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

How to change the duration of a simulation

How to change the duration of a simulation

When watching a tutorial on OpenModelica, the author of the video tutorial was able to specify the duration of a simulation in a box which appeared immediately after clicking Simulate.  No such box appeared for me.  It seems that I have a newer version, which doesn't function in the same way.  I am using OpenModelica-revision-19519, which I downloaded the day before yesterday (10/03/2014).

I have created a new model and run a simulation which has a default duration of 1 second. Now I wish to know how to do 3 things, which I have not been able to work out how to do yet:

1. Specify the duration before a new simulation of a new model is run for the first time.

2. Run a new simulation of the same model for a longer period of time (say 10 seconds).

3. Change a parameter in the existing model, specify the duration and then run a simulation of this modified model,

What I've tried:

1. I've spent some time searching the OpenModelica User Guide and http://www.mail-archive.com/openmodelic … da.liu.se/ and exploring OMEdit.

2. In trying to accomplish the second step, I've tried switching back to the Modelling Tab and clicking Check Model followed by Simulate. This produces the same results as my first simulation, since there's no option to change the duration.

3. In trying to achieve the third goal, I tried switching back to the Modelling Tab, changing the parameter and then clicking Check Model followed by Simulate.  Once again, there was no option to alter the duration, as there was in the video tutorial I wrote of.

Edited by: George Tomlinson - Mar-12-14 18:49:25

Re: How to change the duration of a simulation

I've found the answer: the box I was after is here: Simulation > Simulation Setup

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: