Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Windows installation - SimForge installation

Windows installation - SimForge installation

I am brand new to Modelica and to this forum and am having trouble getting the SimForge 0.9 graphical interface to load on a Windows Vista system.  When I double click the SimForge-0.9.0 RC2-installer, I get the following message:

"It looks like your system does not have a JAVA Development Kit (JDK) available.  The software you plan to install requires a JDK for both its installation and execution."

However, I have installed the JAVA SE Development Kit 6, Version 21 and it shows up in my system information and on my control panel. 

I have read through all the  entries in the Usage and Applications section of the forum.  The only subject close to my  installation problem appears to be mention of some issues with mingw quoted on page 9 as follows:

"There is a major problem with mingw and using spaces in path names.
So installing in C:\Program Files\ will not work. It's too bad the installer won't detect this and scream. Maybe we should look for spaces in OPENMODELICAHOME and generate better error messages..."

I do not understand this statement well enough to act on it.  I am sure I have some blank spaces in path names but cannot track down where the JDK is installed.  Nor am I even sure my problem is tied directly to this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Windows installation - SimForge installation

You could try to report this problem to the people that developed SimForge in their Trac system:
http://trac.ws.dei.polimi.it/simforge
The website seems to be down at the moment. I'll send an email to the SimForge developers
and point them to this forum too.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

Please help me to get the installation file of SimForge.

sanjuvenky2011@gmail.com
useravatar
3 Posts

SimForge no longer works with OpenModelica since some years now.
Use OMEdit (OpenModelica Connection Editor) which is distributed with OpenModelica installation.

Edited by: adrpo - Feb-10-16 10:39:00
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: