Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

New User Problems

New User Problems

Hosed Application Menu
My first problem is the fact that my application menu no longer has any of my games, graphics apps, internet apps, office apps, sound & video apps, system tools, or preferences listed anymore.  I'd look up the version of Lubuntu I'm running, but I'd have to do an internet search to find the name of the system benchmark program to check.  Just like I had to find the run command for thunderbird to sign up with this site.  It's 13.10 or something.  That's Ubuntu with LXDE.  I'd be totally fine with this if the program would function for me.

PID Modeling Troubles
I'm trying to do a graduate homework assignment that's six days overdue.  Problem 1aa is to model a proportional controller with a gain of 0.1 and 10, and process given by 4*exp(-0.1*s)/(2*s+1) and a disturbance of a unit step function in Simulink.  And I was going to try to post the file, but I'm getting an error message trying to load it, and I can't even figure out how to post the screen shot here.

In case anyone asks, I tried Xcos and Scilab first.  And it spit out gibberish for the system proposed above.  Unbounded oscillations below the ultimate gain of 10 and a 1/4ish.  Ultimate gain was at about 8 for the system in Xcos.  Not that it should even have oscillations unless noise or uncertainties are added.

I really like the look, feel, and scope of the program, but it's not letting me open up any plots.  The icons are grayed out on the toolbar up top, and there's no "Simulation > Plot Variables" as the "OMEdit-UserManual.pdf" leads on about.  And it's giving me errors about flattening among other things in OMEdit.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Re: New User Problems

To anyone else that runs into this problem, I ran:
apt-get purge openmodelica
apt-get autoremove
apt-get clean
and the system seems be alright again.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic