Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Modelica.Fluid : Errors using multiple components to discripe a flow

Modelica.Fluid : Errors using multiple components to discripe a flow

Hi there,
I am developing some components, that help to do some steady state simulation of paper plants.
I want to use measured data from the plant.

The data does not directly fit the flow port requirements of m_flow, Xi and h so I have to use my components to convert the parameters to the data required by the fluid ports. Therefor I add parameters to e.g. pipes and leave boundaries with no or only p as parameter.
An example is MoistAir, where I set a VolumeFlowRate, a absolute humidity (ks water / kg dry air), temperature and pressure.

I use Boolean parameters to denable parameters and equations, when ceratain values are known at some points.
Everything is doing fine, as long as I have only simple examples, like on source, on sink and the demand pipe inbetween.

Problem:
When I start to split the known values on multiple pipes in a row, I get problems with determination and the balance of variables and equations.
In therory the model should still be balanced, but it seems like Modelica gets wired about it and quotes me to less equations.
I am aware of the stream issues in general and am using inStream in h_outflow and Xi_outflow of the flowports and use them in all objects.

Any ideas what could be wrong?
Uwe

Edited by: uschoene - Jan-12-14 16:33:10
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: