Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

MDT Run Configuration

MDT Run Configuration

Hi everyone!

Which is the purpose of the MDT Configuration. I have tried to build a project and run it, but I see no output neither a simple result. I has the same use as the simulate function in the MDT console?

(In the user manual, there is very little explained about that, only a couple of screenshots, and if the document is correct, these screen shots are missing current/hmm  ??? )

Greetings!

Re: MDT Run Configuration

Hi,

You cannot Run models from MDT Eclipse (that is used only for compiler development and via Debug not Run).
The only way you can run a model is to simulate it from the MDT console.
However, I would suggest using command line or OMShell or OMEdit to simulate a model.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

I see,

So, does it means that I can debug a model using a MDT Debut configuration?

Cheers!

Hi,

Not really. You don't debug a model. You debug the compiler which flattens (instantiates) and optimizes and compiles a model to C code.
And you will need to compile OpenModelica for that. If you want to play with this (debugging the compiler compiling a model) see here:
https://openmodelica.org/documents/

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

I see,

In this document you explain the way of configuring a builder within Eclipse. If have the OpenModelica 1.9 already installed and the MDT plug-in properly installed also, do I have to follow this document to configure the builder? Or can I configure the builder with the binaries I have in the OpenModelica release?

(I hope you understand what I try to explain)

Cheers!

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic