Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Warning | try -ils to activate start value homotopy

Warning | try -ils to activate start value homotopy

Hello,

I have diffuculties running a discrete model with OpenModelica (Version 2013-09-16 1.9.0), the model is basically a translation from a Simulink model which is completely explicit. Therefore I would not expect initialization difficulties however OpenModelica using the Euler integration scheme, gives the following warning. 

LOG_INIT   | Warning | try -ils to activate start value homotopy.

The model is basically characterized by a algorithm section which is the main body and a small equation body.

initial equation
    h_out_new = NEM_models.Functions.ms_propertyies.ms_property_h_T(T_0);

equation
   sampleTrigger = sample(t_start, dt);
   when sampleTrigger then
      h_out = pre(h_out_new);
      firstTrigger = time <= t_start + dt/2;
   end when;

algorithm
   ... rest of the code

The model runs in Dymola.
I’ve tried to help the solver by setting h_out(start=...) but this doesn't help.   

I would very much appreciate it if someone can give me some pointers how to help the solver to find the initial solution.

Re: Warning | try -ils to activate start value homotopy

Hi,

If you use (start = ...) add also (fixed = true) to make sure the initialization uses that value.
So (start = ..., fixed = true).

The back-end developers can tell you more.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

Re: Warning | try -ils to activate start value homotopy

Hello Adrian Pop,

I've changed the code slightly and fixed the start values all test models now run in Dymola and all initial conditions (according to Dymola are specified) nevertheless the test models do not run (correctly) in OpenModelica. Can I send you my models (what is your email adress?), it is (somewhat) confidential therefore I would like to send it to you personally.

Regards,

Arne Sinnema

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: