Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

SimForge and external Libraries

SimForge and external Libraries

Hello,

I'm quite new to this environment. However it looks very convenient. Nevertheless, somehow I struggle in using external libraries within SimForge.  When loading a library under Tools – Project properties, it can happen that these libraries show-up in “Modelica classes” (e.g. Modelica_Fluid 1.0) or in “Used external packages” (e.g. ThermoPower). Somehow this is confusing, and additionally these libraries seem not to be connected correctly, meaning e.g. the icons do not show up when I try to create a simulation model, and I receive error messages when trying to run a case. Now I assume, that the problem is somehow linked to setting the correct paths or something similar. I believe there must be a simple way to do this. Another question is, whether it is sufficient to load only the “package.mo” of the library, or all .mo files separately.

Therefore the question: Is there any description available (Tutorial or similar) that explains, how to connect/embed an external library successfully in SimForge? Otherwise, is anyone able to explain in a few sentences, how this feature works?

Re: SimForge and external Libraries

Hi,

Some information on what you looking for is here: https://trac.ws.dei.polimi.it/simforge/wiki/UserGuide
Is enough to load package.mo as this will trigger the loading of the entire library.

However, SimForge (and partially OpenModelica) doesn't yet support Modelica 3.x annotations.
Also, Modelica.Fluid, Modelica.Media, Modelica.MultiBody and maybe others do not work yet with
OpenModelica.

We are working to support the full Modelica 3.x and the entire Modelica Standard LIbrary but it will take a while.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: