Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Problem building simple model

Problem building simple model

I'm new with Modelica and Openmodelica.
I need to build a model of a simple water supply facility with flow sources, pumps, tanks pipes and some filters. So I started to build this with OMEdit  but there are some problems.
First I placed a SYSTEM Component as described in the documentation (that works). Then I place a pipe and a fixed boundary component. This also works. But when I try to connect the pipe and the fixed boundary I will get an error

Code:

Translation    08:01:29    C:\OpenModelica1.9.0\lib\omlibrary\Modelica 3.2.1\Media\package.mo    4373:17-4498:25    Illegal to instantiate partial class BaseProperties

What is wrong?

The connection will be refused by OMEdit.

Code:

model TEST

inner Modelica.Fluid.System system annotation(Placement(visible = true, transformation(origin = {74.9709,80.0931}, extent = {{-10,-10},{10,10}}, rotation = 0)));
  Modelica.Fluid.Sources.FixedBoundary boundary(nPorts = 1) annotation(Placement(visible = true, transformation(origin = {-87.3108,-11.4086}, extent = {{-10,-10},{10,10}}, rotation = 0)));
  Modelica.Fluid.Pipes.StaticPipe pipe annotation(Placement(visible = true, transformation(origin = {-58.2072,-11.1758}, extent = {{-10,-10},{10,10}}, rotation = 0)));
  annotation(Icon(coordinateSystem(extent = {{-100,-100},{100,100}}, preserveAspectRatio = true, initialScale = 0.1, grid = {2,2})), Diagram(coordinateSystem(extent = {{-100,-100},{100,100}}, preserveAspectRatio = true, initialScale = 0.1, grid = {2,2})));
end TEST;

Edited by: Darxon69 - Jun-05-13 09:17:43

Re: Problem building simple model

10 reads, no answers current/sad

I tried the example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ke7KNipPds and this works.
But if I want to re-Construct the example Modelica.Fluid.Examples.PumpingSystem then the same error occurs? Also the generated model is different if I only construct it only with OMEdit. Do I need to edit the model text manually to get it run?

Btw. OMEdit is very slow when I browse through the library tree

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: