Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Communication process in FMU and Dymola/Modelica

Communication process in FMU and Dymola/Modelica

Hello,

We have been using a FMU (Model Exchange) in conjunction with Python with a time interval of 0.0008s and Euler solver and the resulting FMU is quite slow. One way to decrease the simulation time is to increase this time interval but for a variety of reasons, this is proving to be difficult (model not converging etc).

I have been wondering if there is a way to send the inputs to the FMU at time 1s but ask the FMU to process the inputs every 0.0008s with the same input (thinking being that this should reduce the communication that is happening from Python to FMU and vice versa. However I am stumped as to whether that is doable or not.

Can someone tell me whether this makes sense and whether the FMU specification allows us to do something like this ?

Re: Communication process in FMU and Dymola/Modelica

I think you'd be better off with a solver that converges quicker. Runge-Kutta isn't very complicated. Reducing the communication could help, but then try to profile it so you know that this is the case before you implement the change.

Re: Communication process in FMU and Dymola/Modelica

Thanks for your response. Is this something that is possible to do (where the FMU processes the inputs multiple times and we change the input manually at a different frequency) ?

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: