Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

How to run an animation from an omc mos script?

How to run an animation from an omc mos script?

Can someone post example commands to put in a mos file to launch the 3D animation/visualization display after a simulation?  (I've been using OMEdit, but it crashes frequently when doing a simulate with animation.)

Re: How to run an animation from an omc mos script?

You can't run the animation via the mos script.
We could however help with fixing the crash. Can you provide more information about the model and the OM version you are using?

Adeel.

I am using OpenModelica1.11.0-64bit on Windows 7.  OMEdit will crash using the examples in the standard MultiBody packages.  One way I can reproduce a crash is to simulate with animation DoublePendulum and then try to resize a window in the plotting perspective (or whatever that tab is called).  A second way I can crash it is to do successive simulates with animation.  The first one after starting OMEdit will work.  On the next attempt, it will get through the compile but then crash.  (It is this latter behavior that is most annoying, as it prevents iterative simulate then fix model then simulate then ...)

I did push "Send Report" on this a few times (I just did it again after reproducing the last case).  I assume the log files got uploaded.

If you point me to the right place in your tracking system, I can move this discussion there.

I think you need to update your OpenModelica to 1.12 https://build.openmodelica.org/omc/buil … ly-builds/
I have looked into the crash report and I have found references of code that is no longer used.
So please update OpenModelica and if you still have issues then report the bug at https://trac.openmodelica.org/OpenModelica/newticket

Adeel.

Hi,
I found an article that use command "visualize" to run animation from script. now we are developing software that needs to run animation in it.
It seems that this command didn't work any more.
what is the alternative solution for our project? is there any method ?
thanks for your answers

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: