Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

check model is ok but in when i play simulation button there's errors

check model is ok but in when i play simulation button there's errors

i have this problem: check is ok but in when i play simulation button there is this error:
Translation Error: Internal error Transformation Module PFPlusExt index Reduction Method Pantelides failed!

Symbolic Error "[C:/OpenModelica1.9.2/lib/omlibrary/Modelica 3.2.1/Blocks/Math.mo: 1239:5-1240:25]: Model is structurally singular, error found sorting equations 16: batteryStack.cell[1,1].linearDynamicImpedance.cellImpedance.rcseriesLinear.rclinear[1].capacitor.impedanceValue.qabs.abs.y = if noEvent(batteryStack.cell[1,1].linearDynamicImpedance.IBatt_int.i >= 0.0) then batteryStack.cell[1,1].linearDynamicImpedance.IBatt_int.i else -batteryStack.cell[1,1].linearDynamicImpedance.IBatt_int.i; 17: der(batteryStack.cell[1,1].linearDynamicImpedance.cellImpedance.rcseriesLinear.rclinear[1].capacitor.impedanceValue.qabs.absInt.y) = batteryStack.cell[1,1].linearDynamicImpedance.cellImpedance.rcseriesLinear.rclinear[1].capacitor.impedanceValue.qabs.absInt.k * batteryStack.cell[1,1].linearDynamicImpedance.cellImpedance.rcseriesLinear.rclinear[1].capacitor.impedanceValue.qabs.abs.y; 52: batteryStack.cell[1,1].linearDynamicImpedance.cellImpedance.rs.impedanceValue.qabs.abs.y = if noEvent(batteryStack.cell[1,1].linearDynamicImpedance.IBatt_int.i >= 0.0) then batteryStack.cell[1,1].linearDynamicImpedance.IBatt_int.i else -batteryStack.cell[1,1].linearDynamicImpedance.IBatt_int.i; 53: der(batteryStack.cell[1,1]......................................."
what is the problem?

Edited by: claudio34 - Aug-28-15 08:14:38

Re: check model is ok but in when i play simulation button there's errors

it's a radical problem of openmodelica: https://trac.openmodelica.org/OpenModelica/ticket/2563

It seems that this comes from a bug when OpenModelica initializes the matrices [:,:] with the elements a and b.
The problem does not seem to come from cells in parallel but rather seems to come from the arrangement of matrix [:,:]. matrix with [x, 1] components seem to work when matrix with [1, x] components appear to pose problems. (A good test would be to exchange series vs parralèles in the matrix positions.)

you are not alone in having such problems with matrices [:,:]
The # 2563 bug seems to be the problem. It was closed and reopened in version 1.9.3 and could be resolved in a future release.
#2563 (Problem with PFPlusExt Pantelides algorithm) – OpenModelica

Hello, i know it is an old thread but i have quite the same error with my model. when i check the model evertyhing is just fine, x equations and x variables. But when i want to run the simulation it tells me that the model is structured singular.
I also get the message: Interner Fehler Transformation Module PFPlusExt index Reduction Method Pantelides failed!

I also have some matrices so i am not sure where the problem is. I have modeled a simple 3D conduction matrix in the same manner as the newThermal library from : NewThermal library. The problem with PFPlusExt should be solved based on : PFPlusExt Pantelides failed

Does anyone else experience such problems or know how to solve these?

i have made a simple 3D conduction model which is working, but when i want to try my extended model of a heat capacity with an extended model of a thermal conductor the problem occurs. i have attached the simple model as well as the whole model which is not working proberly.

This is the basic 3D Cell system which is, when inserted in T0133System3D, is working proberly.
Cell3Dsimple.mo

This is the whole model (T0133System3D) with Cell3D, which, when inserted, delivers the mentioned error message.
OpenModelica-Pantelides-Problem.zip

So if someone wants to test my model just load all .mo files, open T0133System and try to run it. What i want to test is try to run the model in Dymola, but i do not have the software yet, so if someone could try it i would really appreciate it!

Many thanks in advance!

i rebuilt the model from scratch with increasing complexity and now everything works. it is a bit unsatisfying not knowing what caused the problem but at least it works

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: