OpenModelica

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

GUI error: You cannot connect two components !

GUI error: You cannot connect two components !

Dear all,

I am using OM with the following version 1.9.2+dev (r23710), on Ubuntu (Linux jugurtha 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:36:11 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux).

Everything was running fine till last updates (I can not exactly identify the update).

Now I am experimenting annoying problem on the GUI.

It takes me nearly 5 to 7 attempts to make a link between two objects let's say between two pipes ! 

I tried to rest my environment by creating a new .openmodelica/ path or even reinstall OM. The problem is still present.

Anyone one else is facing the same problem as me ?

How can I fix this ?
Thank you all !

Imed LIMAIEM
Paris

Edited by: imed - Dec-12-14 22:07:27
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: GUI error: You cannot connect two components !

I don't understand your problem.
Is your question "You cannot connect a component to itself" if yes then it is not allowed.
Or your question is "You cannot connect two objects" if yes then post a use case to reproduce the issue.

Adeel.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

yes I am meaning I can not connect two objects.
the GUI gives me the error message !
Well I can reproduce the issue at anytime even with 2 components example

https://www.openmodelica.org/images/agorapro/attachments/4194/mini_Screenshot-from-2014-12-12-230031.png

I can't reproduce it on my Windows machine.

Adeel.

I can't even reproduce it on my virtual box Linux (ubtunu 12.04).

Are you clicking twice to start the connection?

Adeel.

thank you adeas,
is this a new feature ?
or I am just too tired to figure it ?
it works fine with a double click at the start ! so how come it works sometimes with a simple click ? maybe because it counts two successive attempts as a double click who knows !
anyway thank for your help current/smile                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wait a second. There is something wrong. I need to test whats going on. There is something wrong with events.
When you double click you should get the error "You cannot connect a component to itself" because a single click will start making the connection.

Adeel.

ok,
so seems like something is reversed ?
actually double click works without a fault !
here is a gif capture of the error if it may help.

https://www.openmodelica.org/images/agorapro/attachments/4194/mini_Screenshot-from-2014-12-12-230031.png

Hi, I think r23774 (https://trac.openmodelica.org/OpenModel … et/23774/) should fix everything. Note that now the connection will start through click and drag.

Adeel.

thank you for your help and efficiency
there are other new bugs I will report then

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: