OpenModelica

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

OMPython setup.py bug

OMPython setup.py bug

I have installed the latest build. When I do 'python setup.py install' in /openmodelica/PythonInterface, I get "error: package directory 'OMPythonIDL' does not exist". What is the solution?

Edited by: Miglu - Jul-20-14 13:42:59
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: OMPython setup.py bug

When you say you have installed the latest build does it mean you have installed the latest nightly build from here https://build.openmodelica.org/omc/buil … y-builds/?

Adeel.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

I installed 'openmodelica-21495' on Ubuntu. I have 'deb http://build.openmodelica.org/apt precise nightly' in openmodelica.list, and when I do 'sudo apt-get install openmodelica', I get that the newest version is installed.

I think you need to compile OMPython before installing it.

Code:

make -f 'Makefile.unix' install-python

Normally we do this when we install OpenModelica from source.
I don't know how you can achieve the same using apt-get install. Martin knows how the linux stuff works but he is on vacations right now.

Adeel.

Thanks, I indeed had to make it using "make -f 'Makefile"

It is also possible to just do "pip install ompython". Although that will not be the latest sources, OMPython rarely changes.
apt-get install ompython should also do the trick.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic