NEW! OpenModelica 1.9.6 patch release that fixes an FMI export bug is now available here.
The OpenModelica 1.9.4 final release is now available here.
This OpenModelica 1.9.4 release includes a number of improvements compared to the 1.9.3 release.
A number of improvements in the OpenModelica graphic model editor OMEdit (also described here):
- Undo/Redo support.
- Preserving text formatting, including indentation and whitespace. This is especially important for diff/merge with several collaborating developers possibly using several different Modelica tools.
- Better support for inherited classes.
- Allow simulating models using visual studio compiler.
- Support for saving Modelica package in a folder structure.
- Allow reordering of classes inside a package.
- Highlight matching parentheses in text view.
- When copying the text retain the text highlighting and formatting.
- Support for global head definition in the documentation by using __OpenModelica_infoHeader annotation.
- Support for expandable connectors.
- Support for uses annotation.
Several improvements in the OpenModelica model compiler and simulator:
- Improved simulation speed for many models. simulation speed went up for 80% of the models. The compiler frontend became faster for almost all models, average about 40% faster.
- Initial support for synchronous models with clocked equations as defined in the Modelica 3.3 standard
- Support for homotopy operator
- Bug fixes
Improvements in the OpenModelica FMI 2.0 support
- Full FMI 2.0 co-simulation support now available
- Upgrade Cpp runtime from C++03 to C++11 standard, minimizing external link dependencies. Exported FMUs don't depend on additional libraries such as boost anymore
64 bit Windows
- Support for 64bit Windows will be included in the nightly-builds after the 1.9.4 release