The OpenModelica 1.9.4-beta2 is now available here.
This OpenModelica 1.9.4 Beta2 release includes a number of improvements compared to the 1.9.3 release.
The final 1.9.4 release is planned mid March. The current blocker tickets we are still investigating for the final release can be found at: OpenModelica Trac. From the list #3477 and #3630 should be fixed, the others are investigated now.
A number of improvements in the OpenModelica graphic model editor OMEdit (also described here):
- Undo/Redo support.
- Preserving text formatting, including indentation and whitespace. This is especially important for diff/merge with several collaborating developers possibly using several different Modelica tools.
- Better support for inherited classes.
- Allow simulating models using visual studio compiler.
- Support for saving Modelica package in a folder structure.
- Allow reordering of classed inside a package.
- Highlight matching parentheses in text view.
- When copying the text retain the text highlighting and formatting.
Several improvements in the OpenModelica model compiler and simulator:
- Improved simulation speed for many models. simulation speed went up for 80% of the models. The compiler frontend became faster for almost all models, average about 30% faster.
- Initial support for synchronous models with clocked equations as defined in the Modelica 3.3 standard
Improvements in the OpenModelica FMI 2.0 support
- Full FMI 2.0 co-simulation support now available
- Upgrade Cpp runtime from C++03 to C++11 standard, minimizing external link dependencies. Exported FMUs don't depend on additional libraries such as boost anymore