The OpenModelica 1.9.4-beta1 is now available here.
This OpenModelica 1.9.4 Beta1 release includes a number of improvements compared to the 1.9.3 release.
The final 1.9.4 release is planned middle of February. The most important improvements are the following:
A number of improvements in the OpenModelica graphic model editor OMEdit (also described here):
- Undo/Redo support.
- Preserving text formatting, including indentation and whitespace. This is especially important for diff/merge with several collaborating developers possibly using several different Modelica tools.
- Better support for inherited classes.
- Allow simulating models using visual studio compiler.
- Support for saving Modelica package in a folder structure.
- Allow reordering of classed inside a package.
- Highlight matching parentheses in text view.
- When copying the text retain the text highlighting and formatting.
Several improvements in the OpenModelica model compiler and simulator:
- Improved simulation speed for many models. simulation speed went up for 80% of the models. The compiler frontend became faster for almost all models, average about 30% faster.
Improvements in the OpenModelica FMI 2.0 support
- Full FMI 2.0 co-simulation support now available.