The OpenModelica 1.9.3 has been released. You can find the Windows builds here. The Linux and MacOS builds are available via the Download menu above.
OpenModelica 1.9.3 release, September 8, 2015
The OpenModelica 1.9.3 release is available now, September 8, 2015.
The most important enhancements in the OpenModelica 1.9.3 release:
- Enhanced collaborative development and testing of OpenModelica by moving to the GIT-hub framework for versioning and parallel development.
- More accessible and up-to-date automatically generated documentation provided in both html https://www.openmodelica.org/doc/OpenModelicaUsersGuide/latest/ and .pdf https://openmodelica.org/doc/OpenModelicaUsersGuide/OpenModelicaUsersGuide-latest.pdf
- Further improved simulation speed and coverage of several libraries.
- OMEdit graphic connection editor improvements.
- OMNotebook improvements.
OpenModelica Compiler (OMC)
This release mainly includes improvements of the OpenModelica Compiler (OMC), including, but not restricted to the following:
- Further improved simulation speed and coverage for several libraries.
- Faster generated code for functions involving arrays, factor 2 speedup for many power generation models.
- Better initialization.
- An implicit inline Euler solver with adaptive step-size control available.
- Code generation to enable vectorization of for-loops.
- Improved non-linear, linear and mixed system solving.
- Cross-compilation for the ARMhf architecture.
- A prototype state machine implementation.
- Improved performance and stability of the C++ runtime option.
- More accessible and up-to-date automatically generated documentation provided in both html and .pdf.
OpenModelica Notebook (OMNotebook)
- Support for moving cells from one place to another in a notebook.
- A button for evaluation of whole notebooks.
- A new cell type called Latex cells, supporting Latex formatted input that provides mathematical typesetting of formulae when evaluated.
OpenModelica Shell (OMShell)
OpenModelica Eclipse Plug-in (MDT)
No changes apart from bug fixing.
OpenModelica Development Environment (OMDev)
A big change: version handling and parallel development has been improved by moving from SVN to GIThub. This makes it easier for each developer to test his/her fixes and enhancements before committing the code. Automatic mirroring of all code is still performed to the OpenModelica SVN site.
Graphic Editor OMEdit
There are several improvements to the OpenModelica graphic connection editor OMEdit:
- Support for uses annotations.
- Support for declaring components as vectors.
- Faster messages browser with clickable error messages.
- Support for managing the stacking order of graphical shapes.
- Several improvements to the plot tool and text editor in OMEdit.
Several improvements of the Dynamic Optimization module with collocation, using Ipopt:
- Better performance due to smart treatment of algebraic loops for optimization.
- Improved formulation of optimization problems with an annotation approach which also allows graphical problem formulation.
- It is now possible to formulate final constraints
Further improved FMI 2.0 co-simulation support.
Thanks to all who are contributing to the OpenModelica work!
Peter Fritzson and Adrian Pop