Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Required libraries for development

Required libraries for development

The README-BUILD-WINDOWS.txt  indicates that Python 2.7.3, JDK 7u9, QT SDK 1.2.1 should be used. These do not appear to be available (the Nokia link requires a login) and they are out of date. Will the latest versions work?

Re: Required libraries for development

Hi,

Yes, the latest should work fine.
I'm just curious why would you want to build it from scratch?
You can get nightly builds each day:
https://build.openmodelica.org/omc/buil … ly-builds/

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

Hi Adrian,
I want to be able to make changes and do some experiments with the compiler. I do appreciate the nightlies and use them. But, In order to investigate customization of the flow and possible changes to the FMI export/import I need to build them as well.
Regards
David

I am using the GCC in the mingw distribution in omdev - it is version 4.4.0.
The QT I loaded was QT 5.0.2. Apparently GCC >= version 4.6 is required to build QT5 (from qt-project.org site).
It fails with the error: unrecognized command line option "-fno-keep-inline-dllexport"
It appears that QT 4.8 is required. Might want to fix this someime (upgrade the GCC version?).

Regards
David

The problem with that is the version of ParadisEO that we use cannot be compiled with more recent GCC versions (also GCC 4.7 is almost twice as slow as GCC 4.4). But yes, sometime in the future we need to change compiler (gogo LLVM).

I love LLVM. We use it for our own backend on our commercial products. Works well.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: