Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

User Libraries in OMEdit

User Libraries in OMEdit

This might be one of those questions with a blindingly obvious answer, or else I am trying to do something the developers never intended...
Anyway, I am very inexperienced with modeling and simulation, but I am interested in learning about it.  I have downloaded and installed OpenModelica 1.8.1, and have been following the examples and tutorials in OMNotebook, and OMEdit, with some success.  I also downloaded some additional (free) libraries, and would like to use them in OMEdit, but I can't seem to figure out how to load a new library.  Is a library the same thing as a package?  I have been trying to load the libaries using the File>Open>Package command, but the libraries show up as blank, and they are only in the ModelicaFiles tab, rather than the ModelicaLibrary tab.
I have tried copying the libraries into the "C:/OpenModelica1.8.1/lib/omlibrary" folder, but they don't seem to load from there either.  The only thing I can find in the documentation talks about using the Standard Library, but no mention (anywhere I can find) of how to open or create a library in OMEdit.
Help?  Is this a dumb thing to do, or is it something that is planned, but not yet implemented yet?  Or am I just doing it wrong?

Re: User Libraries in OMEdit

If they are in the omlibrary folder you should be able to set up loading them in the options (PackageName default)

Re: User Libraries in OMEdit

Hi David,

The library is same as package. So you should be able to load it via File->Open. But yes it will appear in Modelica Files. Anything that is loaded in Modelica Library tab is considered readonly. We have planned to merge these tabs into one in future release.

If you want to load it in Modelica Library tab, you must copy your library to C:/OpenModelica1.8.1/lib/omlibrary and then tell OMEdit to load it by setting it in Tools->Options then in Libraries add new library. Lets say your library is named X then you add a new library with name X and value default. Restart OMEdit.

Adeel.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic