Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

OMEdit blocking bug: cannot save

OMEdit blocking bug: cannot save

Hi all,
we are attempting to teach Modelica using OpenModelica but we are often running into difficulties.

The most important one is that the models inside a package cannot be saved. I have filed a bug (https://openmodelica.org:8443/cb/issue/1631) about this, but no response by now:

Save changes in model (tried with a package of models) only by clicking the button "Save As" with further renaming of this file. Yet when closing OMEdit a message occurs that we have unsaved work (which is already stored by the previous clicking at the package and than by the button Save As). The button "Save" don't work.
However, at first the saving works with both buttons, this occurs during longer work when saving more times.

Since that is really a blocking problem, we need either a bugfix or some workaround how to allow our students to continue working in OM.

Also, some other problems arised, which  are listed in here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … &hl=cs

Any workaround? Or estimation, when the fix would be availiable?

Thanks,
Filip

PS. Also, what is better, to cry here, or to file a bug? It seems to me, that this way is faster, although the bugtracker way feels more correct.

Re: OMEdit blocking bug: cannot save

The problem is probably that Adeel is the only person working on maintaining OMEdit (most of the developers use only the command-line interface; myself included). Providing example models so he can verify bugs and understand them probably helps a lot. I prefer the bug reports myself because I can assign them to people who then get an email (not many of the developers read these forums).

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: