Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Connection between two input-type connection ports

Connection between two input-type connection ports

Why does OpenModelica allow to connect an input-type connection port to another input-type connection port?

A model check of the attached TestModel, for example, runs successfully without any errors or warnings.
If I understood it correctly, only connections between an input and an output port/variable should be allowed...

Test.mo

Edited by: MP - Nov-30-21 14:13:37
Attachments:

Re: Connection between two input-type connection ports

I dont know the exact rationale behind it, but in my use case, nested model(s), i.e. input propagation, especially in schematic view.

You have a model A that have an input input_a nested/used insiede model B and model B itself is used inside a top model C. inorder to connect model C to input_a you have to create some input port to allow the value to be passed from C via B to A.

e.g.:

Code:

connect(modelA.input_a, modelB.input_ba) ; //connection between B and A inside modelB

connenct(modelC.someValue, modelB.input_ba) ; //connection between some value to B inside model C

of course you can write your own under equation section in text view such as:

Code:

connecnt(modelC.someValue, modelB.modelA.input_a); //connection between modelA and someValue in model C

but sometimes user only want to do the modelling through schematic/diagram view and thats why it is possible to connect two input ports together.

at least that is MY reasoning.

cheers

OK, thanks, that sounds reasonable.

Do you know any way to restrict possible connections to input-to-output connections only (so that input-input (or output-output) connections will not be allowed)?

MP wrote:

Do you know any way to restrict possible connections to input-to-output connections only (so that input-input (or output-output) connections will not be allowed)?

Why would you restrict the connection?

I dont have any idea how that would be done... normally you can use assert to check condition regarding parameter (i.e. check if a parameter within allowed limit), but i've never done a connectuion type checking.

If you could share your use case or a minimum working example, it would help.

Code:

model Test
Modelica.Blocks.Interfaces.RealInput input1;
Modelica.Blocks.Interfaces.RealInput input2;
Modelica.Blocks.Interfaces.RealOutput output1;
equation
  connect(input1, input2);
end Test;

failed the translation

Code:

[2] 16:09:22 Symbolic Error

[Test: 8:3-8:26]: Found equation without time-dependent variables: input1 = input2

[3] 16:09:22 Translation Error
[C:/dev/OM64bit/OMCompiler/Compiler/BackEnd/ResolveLoops.mo: 295:9-295:86]: Internal error function resolveLoops_cutNodes failed

[4] 16:09:22 Translation Error
Internal error IndexReduction.pantelidesIndexReduction failed! Found empty set of continuous equations. Use -d=bltdump to get more information.

[5] 16:09:22 Translation Error
Internal error Transformation Module PFPlusExt index Reduction Method Pantelides failed!

Edited by: Arinomo23 - Dec-01-21 15:09:50
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: