Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

How to setup ExternalMedia and OMEdit?

How to setup ExternalMedia and OMEdit?

I've been using ExternalMedia 3.2.1 on Dymola 2020 with Visual Studio 2017 (2015 works too) to be able to use the CoolProp refrigeration fluids without issues. Now, I need to transport some models to OMEdit, but can't figure out how to do so. I believe there are two possible solutions:

1 - Setup OMEdit to use Visual Studio 2017 (or 2015) as the Modelica compiler and keep using the same ExternalMedia library;
I can't make OMEdit use Visual Studio properly, even for the MSL examples. Is there some guide on how to do it step by step?

2 - Setup ExternalMedia to work under OMEdit with MinGW.
I've been able to use this compiler both on Dymola and OMEdit with MSL examples, but couldn't figure a way to make ExternalMedia work. I've tried to recompile the ExternalMedia 3.0.0 using CMake, as stated on the library documentation, but I have no idea on how to choose which compiler it should consider to create the new binaries. It just auto selects the newest Visual Studio I have installed at the moment and generates the new binaries, but when I try to use it, nothing happens.

I've also tried to use the new precompiled External Media 3.0.0, but couldn't get it to work neither on Dymola or OMEdit. I have no idea on what I have done for the ExternalMedia 3.2.1 to work on Dymola, as it was ages ago and took some effort to figure it out.

Can someone walk me through on how to do one of these like I'm a 5 year old?

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: