Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Requesting proper debugging guidance

Requesting proper debugging guidance

Debugging within OpenModelica seems to grow harder and harder the more I learn about it and realize how little of experience I have.

Unfortunately there is little to no debugging examples in my quest to learn. I have been reading a lot of OpenModelica Debugging literature and most pieces only seems to scrape the surface on debugging. The most helpful piece I have read was "Tools and Methods for Analysis, Debugging, and Performance Improvement of Equation-Based Models" by Martin Sjolund, a very prominent figure within the Modelica Community. Unfortunately, I do not have the background/experience to be able to follow all of Dr. Sjlund's book. Even the OpenModelica users guide seems to barely iterate throughout the debugging process and the rest is to figure out on the users end.

I never know what to expect after my model successfully 1. checks and 2. flattens (instantiates). The algorithmic debugger is still a mystery to me but I really wish to learn and understand the PROCESS of debugging.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: