Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Standalone FMU: include all DLL

Standalone FMU: include all DLL

Simulating FMU created with OpenModlica requires to install OpenModelica.
Trying to load an FMU produced with OpenModelica with PyFmi on a machine that has not OpenModelica installed on raised the following error:

Code:

pyfmi.fmi.FMUException: Error loading the binary. Could not load the DLL: libSimulationRuntimeC.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Is it possible to produce standalone a FMU by including all required component such as libSimulationRuntimeC.so?

Re: Standalone FMU: include all DLL

Yes, use the "static" target of the FMU. Also check the cross compilation options if you want to create FMUs that work on multiple platforms: https://github.com/OpenModelica/OpenMod … ompile.mos

Thank you very much, this sounds good.
Could you expand a little on what you mean by “use the static target of the FMU”
For now I am simply using omc's command

Code:

translateModelFMU(className=className, version="2.0", fmuType="me_cs")

Edited by: Sylvain Girard - Feb-28-17 10:42:35

So you use the default, which is platforms={"dynamic"} (depend on OM being installed). Using platforms={"static"} builds the same FMU as for cross-compilation (try to statically link as much as possible; this is much slower in general, but the FMU should work on more systems).

Is “platforms={"static"} ” an argument to be passed to translateModelFMU? In seems to fail in OMShell-terminal

Code:

>>> translateModelFMU(className=className, version="2.0", fmuType="me_cs", platforms={"static"})

>>> getErrorString()
"[<interactive>:1:1-1:0:writable] Error: Class translateModelFMU not found in scope <global scope> (looking for a function or record).
"

By the way, omc --version returns

Code:

OpenModelica 1.12.0~dev-450-gdeecfb

and I use Ubuntu.

Works for me when not using className=className, just passing className using positional arguments.

Thank you. The same goes here; the following command succeed:

Code:

translateModelFMU(className, version="2.0", fmuType="me_cs", platforms={"static"})

Unfortunately I still get

Code:

FMUException: Error loading the binary. Could not load the DLL: libSimulationRuntimeC.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

when trying to load it with PyFmi on a machine without OpenModlica installed.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: