Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

NEW to Modelica, Please Direct me to the correct Place

NEW to Modelica, Please Direct me to the correct Place

I am designing a single cylinder reciprocating engine. With Modelica will I be able to create the different parts, connecting correctly, with parameters such as force or velocity and others, make a 3D rendering of it and run a simulation of it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: NEW to Modelica, Please Direct me to the correct Place

You could download the last release of OpenModelica, and could start with OMNotebook (for learning the language and API fundamentals) or OMEdit, which has a bunch of component libraries which you can use to model and simulate. Both OMNotebook and OMEdit are installed with the last OpenModelica release binary available to download.

Brunoloes, thank you so much for responding. Once again my question. I can design my engine with Modelica, input the parameters and run simulations on it? Thaks for you help.

Sorry neferkamichael for being late, the notifications are going to my spam.

Yes, OpenModelica is supposed to do what you want: Build multiphysics models, set parameters of model components, and run simulations. This can be done by Modelica code directly and the OMCompiler command-line interface, and also through the OMEdit graphical interface. There is a package for 3D visualization and I think multibody also, but I haven't used them yet.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: