Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

3d visualisation with Modelica3D

3d visualisation with Modelica3D

Hi guys,

I am new to OM, just recently installed the nightly build of OM and the omlib-.* 's. (I'm using ubuntu 14.04)
I was able to simulate the example of the DoublePendulum with OMEdit but didn't get to see a visualisation.

I found the following topic on the use of Modelica 3d (Topic).
I followed the steps but got stuck on running the OSG-script as the '/usr/lib/omlibrary-modelica3d' is not there.

The  '/usr/lib/omlibrary/ModelicaServices 3.2.1 modelica3d' is installed and I'm using python 2.7.6 and pyGTK 2.24

Do you have an idea where I went wrong (probably something obvious as I'm also relatively new to linux).

Thanks in advance,

Matthias

Re: 3d visualisation with Modelica3D

The examples don`t have the visualization enabled. Make a duplicate of the example to edit them and add the modelica3d controller. If you are working with the connection editor just drag and drop the "Controller" under ModelicaServices/Modelica3D to the layout. Or add the follwing to the textfile "inner ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller m3d_control"

and always start the "dbus-server.py" before you start the simulation.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: