Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

An absolute beginner's questions

An absolute beginner's questions

Hello,
I'm a university student who was given a task by a lecturer to do several tasks by using no other software than OpenModelica.
The subject is called "Basics of automatics" and this task was given to me in exchange for passing the classes.

The problem is, we had no mention of OpenModelica during our lectures and all I have been told by the doctor is the name of the software I have to use.

And that's how I arrive at this point. I've downloaded OpenModelica and tried to grasp anything out of it, but, honestly speaking, to no avail. I still know nothing about it, even after checking out some guides or tutorials I've found. I hoped it would be at least a little similar to SciLab, which I am more familiar with, but it's not.

So, if anyone could tell me how to do what I'll write below, or at least guide me towards some place where I can find the answers, I'd be very grateful. This is all pretty basic stuff and I would have no problem with any of it if I weren't restricted to OpenModelica.
1. Plotting two graphs in a single frame, one of which is a simple graph of a function, while the other is a step response over time of a system of a given transmittance.
2. Plotting an impulse response graph of a given transmittance (I assume it's very similar to what I typed above).
3. Calculating a natural logarithm of a number.
4. Setting up a scheme of an open/closed system of a given transmittance.

I'll appreciate any help.

Re: An absolute beginner's questions

Hello,

What course are you doing in the University? What courses have you already studied?

R S Ananda Murthy

I'm a second year Energetics student. I haven't studied anything else before.

Hello,

What subjects did you study in the first year? What are you studying now?

RSA

Well...
"Basics of telecommunication", "Basics of electronics and electrotechnics", "Physics", "Mathematics", "Informatics", "Technical mechanics", "Fluid mechanics", "Materials science".
Now, on the second year, I've had "Basics of automatics", "Basics of machine construction", "Technologies and machines in energetics", "Electrical machines".

Hello,

Please read some basics of modeling of systems and then tutorials on Modelica and OpenModelica. Without a basic knowledge of system modeling you will not be able to understand the usage of OpenModelica properly.

Liniks for tutorials are here in this site.

If you want to install OpenModelica on Slackware GNU Linux, you can get the build scripts to compile and create the required packages from http://www.slackbuilds.org/

RSA

Edit: I'm doing pretty well so far, though I can't find out a function that could get me an inverse Laplace transform (or a step/impulse response plot).

I tried the following, but it doesn't work. Looks like it doesn't even import the package properly.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/2cdwmlx.jpg

Edited by: Grani - Mar-17-15 14:40:52
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: