Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Beginning to use OMEdit

Beginning to use OMEdit

I am very much a beginner here, and am starting to try to use OpenModelica by editing text files in OMEdit.

Since I am just starting out, I make synactical errors in my file, and I get the popup that says "Problems are found in Modelica Text".

I have two options: "Revert from previous", and "Fix errors manually". The recommendation is to choose the former.

When I did that, it simply deleted everything that I'd done, so I do not advise the use that button.

I had to start over again, but I have the same issue due to new syntactical errors.

When I try "Fix errors manually", it doesn't give up, it just pops up the error dialogue again as soon as I press 'Fix errors manually'.

What am I doing wrong?

Re: Beginning to use OMEdit

So if you press "Fix errors manually" the message comes again instantly? Without doing anything in between?

Re: Beginning to use OMEdit

I guess you have auto save enabled with a very short time interval. Disable it or set the interval to some reasonable duration.
Tools->Options->General->Enable Auto Save
OR
It could be that your OpenModelica is older than revision 17652.
This bug was fixed in revision 17652 https://trac.openmodelica.org/OpenModelica/ticket/2416.

Adeel.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic